StoryCorps salutes those who have served in the armed forces. On November 23, honor a veteran by asking more about their experience. You can also talk with someone whose spouse or family member is currently serving in the military.
Tips for Recording Remotely
If your loved one is stationed overseas, you can record a National Day of Listening interview using Skype and special recording software for your Mac or PC.
You can also email a great question to your loved one and ask them to record it here.
Here are some great questions to get the conversation started:
- Were you in the military?
- Did you go to war? What was it like?
- How did war change you?
- During your service, can you recall times when you were afraid?
- What are your strongest memories from your time in the military?
- What lessons did you learn from this time in your life?
For more great questions, click here.
Learn more about StoryCorps’ Military Voices Initiative, launching in December 2012.